The North Shore ARC has arranged to visit the Hammond Museum of Radio and the Canadian Warplane Heritage Museum later this year in October. The trip is limited to 42 people. This trip is open to anyone, including members of the South Pickering ARC and Whitby ARC clubs, as well as friends and family who are interested. The cost of the trip is tiered based on attendance (to cover the bus).
- $35/person at 20 people
- $30/person at 30 people
- $25/person at 40 people
We have arranged a bus for the trip that will pick up and drop off at the GO stations listed below. The meeting point for the bus is in the bus loop at each station, the same place you would head to catch a city bus.
The date is Saturday 21st of October 2017. Itinerary:
- 7:30am Depart Oshawa GO Station
- 7:45am Depart Whitby GO Station
- 8:00am Depart Pickering GO Station
- 10:00am Arrive at Hammond Museum of Radio
- Tour for around 2 and a bit hours
- Snack of sandwiches, drinks, and fruit at the end
- 12:45pm Depart
- 2:00pm Arrive at Canadian Warplane Heritage Museum
- Tour the museum for 3 hours
- We have 2 tour guides available for groups
- 5:00pm Depart for home
- 7:00pm Drop off at Pickering GO Station
- 7:15pm Drop off at Whitby GO Station
- 7:30pm Drop off at Oshawa GO Station
The Hammond Museum of Radio has offered to provide a light lunch of sandwiches, drinks, and fruit. We will also bring fruit, water, and granola bars for snacks. The bus has plenty of overhead space to put bags, so packing a lunch if you desire is also an option.
At this point we are taking RSVPs by email. If you wish to attend, please email Alexander VE3ZSH at email@example.com with your intended pick up location. At our September and October meetings we’ll be looking
for a $10 lock in for the trip. If you have any questions or comments, feel free to send them his way also.